When you are going camping, or just using a sleeping bag often, the one thing that you might know is that it can be difficult to roll up a sleeping bag. Especially, if you want to roll up the sleeping bag as tight and small as possible.
It always ends up in a mess, or it is way too large for the bag that comes with the sleeping bag. Yes, you aren’t the only one that is struggling with rolling up a sleeping bag correctly, so that the sleeping bag is kept neat and as small as possible.
With this guide, you will get to know how to roll up a sleeping bag, so that you can have a small and tightly packed bag.
Things to Look for When Purchasing Your Sleeping Bag for Easy Rolling Up
Firstly, there are a couple of things that you need to know when you are buying your sleeping bag. Things that will make the rolling up and storing the bag a lot easier.
You should purchase a sleeping bag that comes with its own storage bag. This is just making it easier to keep the bag tightly. Without the bag, it is a lot harder to ensure that the bag stays small and easy to handle.
Some of the bags come with ties sewed onto the bag. Making it easier to tie the bag together, after you have rolled up the bag. This isn’t a necessity, but this can come in handy if you are just one person that is rolling and folding up the sleeping bag.
Reasons Why You Might Be Struggling With Rolling Up Your Sleeping Bag
There are many reasons why it is a struggle to roll up something as simple as a sleeping bag. However, the most common reason is the type of material that the bag is made of. The material is slippery and it is easy to let the rolling of the bag slip off each other, while you are rolling it.
The other reason is that if you don’t roll the sleeping bag tight enough from the start, it is going to unfold as soon as you are done with rolling. And, it will not fit into the bag. The moment that you know the secret to roll a sleeping bag correctly, you will see all the mistakes you always have made.
Steps in How to Roll Up Your Sleeping Bag
There are the basic steps in how you should roll up your sleeping bag. Without these steps, you will struggle a lot more to fit your sleeping bag into its storage bag. Don’t leave out any of these steps.
- Lay the sleeping bag down on a flat, hard surface. If you think that you can do this on the bed, you are mistaken.
- Make sure that the sleeping bag is zipped closed and that it is completely flat, without any air in.
- In the length of the sleeping bag, fold it in half. Making sure that you flatten the sleeping bag again.
- Start rolling from the back to the front. Keep in mind that the smaller you start rolling, the smaller the end result will be.
- Fasten the rolled-up sleeping bag with ties and put into its storage bag. If it doesn’t fit into the storage bag, you should just start over again and roll it smaller.
Tips for Rolling Up Your Sleeping Bag as Small as Possible
We have mentioned the normal way of rolling up a sleeping bag. However, you might be tight on storage and you want to make sure that you are rolling up the sleeping bag as small as possible. Then, you should remember these tips. It will ensure that you are going to have a sleeping bag that will be twice as small as what you normally would roll it up.
- Making sure that all the air is out, as you are rolling the sleeping bag.
- Start rolling as tight and small as possible is the secret to a small sleeping bag.
- Purchasing a storage bag that can let the air out, making the sleeping bag even smaller.
- Take your time, when rolling up your sleeping bag. If you are in a hurry, you will never get that bag as small as possible.
If you have struggled with a sleeping bag and rolling it up before, you will know that it can be hard. Especially if you have one of those sleeping bags that have slippery material. However, the good news is that any sleeping bag can be rolled as tightly and small as possible. You just need to know-how.
With this guide, you will get to know some of the secrets in how to roll up a sleeping bag, so that it is as tight and small as possible, without it rolling back and getting a mess again.